The WCTF can provide grant funding for all forms of arts and culture, including but not limited to:
- Visual Art – photography, sculpture, painting, experimental, graphics
- Performing Arts – theatre, dance, music
- Crafts – clay, fiber, glass, leather, wood, jewelry, mixed-media
- Design Arts – architecture, fashion, industrial, landscape
- Media Arts – film, audio, video, technology/experimental
- Literature – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, criticism
- Folk/Traditional Arts – dance, music, crafts, oral traditions
- Humanities – history, folklore/folklife, languages, anthropology, sociology
- Historic and Architectural Preservation – conservation, survey, preservation planning, restoration or rehabilitation
- Community Cultural Celebrations
- Cultural Tourism
Wyoming Non-profit and governmental agencies may apply. Non-profit organizations must be determined tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and incorporated in the State of Wyoming. Governmental agency means any state, tribal, federal, county or local government agency, including municipal subdivisions.
All programs and activities proposed must occur primarily within the State of Wyoming; although it is recognized that expertise may be based in other states, the final product/project/event or activity must occur in Wyoming. Promotional or marketing efforts of events/sites/projects may be directed and focused outside the state.
All Cultural Trust Fund grant awards must be matched dollar for dollar. Applications must demonstrate a match based either on cash and/or in-kind donations.